File a Complaint | Public Service Commission Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina

File a Complaint

Consumer Information - File a Complaint


Please contact the Office of Regulatory Staff (ORS) to attempt to informally resolve an issue prior to filing a formal complaint with the Commission. Please note that the ORS is a state agency separate from the Public Service Commission (PSC), and the ORS's duties and functions are separate and distinct from the PSC. 


The Consumer Services Division of the South Carolina Office of Regulatory Staff (ORS) is responsible for assisting the public with complaints against regulated public utilities.

This division can be reached at 1-800-922-1531 or 803-737-5230 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Their mailing address is:
Office of Regulatory Staff
Consumer Services Division
1401 Main Street, Suite 900
Columbia, SC 29201

You may also visit their website at

If you wish to file a formal complaint with the Commission, click on the PSC Complaint Form link below to access the paper form or the PSC Online Complaint Form link to file a complaint online.


PSC Individual Complaint Form PSC Individual Complaint Form Instructions






If you wish to file a letter of protest with the Commission, you may use the Letter of Protest Form.


In all matters before the Commission, you have the opportunity to represent yourself or to retain the services of a lawyer. For more information, please download and review the Pro Se Litigant Guide at this link